This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 19 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
To achieve a position which pay more job satisfaction and have higher degree of reponsibility and to utlise my complete knowledge in the earth science and its application in the petroleum industry.
1. April 2007 to till date working as Wellsite Geologist for Medco Energi LLC in the Karim Small Field, (Simsim, Anuq, Warad and Irad areas) Sultanate of Oman. The resposiblities are Formation Evaluation,Lithological analysis, correlation, picking up casing points, Wireline log quality control, well site interpretation of wireline logs, well site interpretation of MWD/LWD data, supervision and quality control of mudlogging data acquisition. Making coposite logs etc
2. March 2000 -March 2007 Worked as a Consultant Geologist for Schlumberger Drilling Services (for Shell-Gabon)in Gabon Onshore Rabi(Most wells from Rabi-150 to Rabi-205),Toucan (Around 13 wells including the wild cat Toucan-001),
Awun (Awokou-001&002, Awomer001), Calao (Wildcat Calao-001)and Gamba (4 wells in Ivinga series) fields.Wellsite Geology(Correlation, well site interpretation of mudlog/MWD-LWD/Wireline data, Reporting detailed geology to operations Geologist and Geological head quarters of the client), Making composite logs and final well reports,
3. Sept 97 – Feb 00 Geoservices (Middle East)Senior Data Engineer Ras Gas - Mobil Qatar Offshore
4. Mar 97 - Sept 97 Baker Hughes Inteq (Middle East)Senior Data Engineer Occidental Petroleum of Qatar Offshore
Data acquisition, data management & interpretation of drilling and gas data, Geological reporting. and correlation.
5. Feb 96 - Mar97n Geoservices (India) Junior Data Engineer Oil India Ltd India Onshore Jodhpur Thar dessert Data acquisition, data management & interpretation of drilling and gas data, Geological reporting.
Enron Oil and Gas India Offshore
Tapti Basin Data acquisition, data management , interpretation of drilling and gas data and Geological reporting, making final well report..
6. Mar 95 - Feb 96 Geoservices (Singapore) Senior Mudlogger JHN(Japex Huanan Nippon) China Offshore
P.R. China, South China Sea
7. Sept 93 - Mar 95 Jindal Drilling and Industries Ltd.
(India) Senior Mudlogger Oil and Natural Gas Commission India Onshore
8. Mar 91-Sept 93 Eastern Circuits Ltd.
(India) Junior Mudlogger Oil and Natural Gas Commission India Onshore
(Ahemdabad & Mehsana.
M.Sc. (1988) - Geology from University of Calicut, Kerala, India. (first class, distinction and second rank in the university)
B.Sc. (1986) - Geology (main), Physics and Chemistry (subsidiary) from University of Calicut, Kerala, India. (First class)
1. Undergone one week training in Basic Mud logging at Ahmedabad at Eastern Circuits Ltd. training center in March 1991.
2. Successfully completed a five weeks training of Data Engineer at Geoservices SA training centre in Paris in October-November 1997.
QHSE training at Geoservices training center, Paris in 1997
H2S training in Doha, Qatar in 1997
Completed all QHSE modular trainings of Schlumberger (2000-2006)
Completed QHSE and H2S training of Shell-PDO-Medco in Muscat
1. Worked on a project on Recent Alluvial Sedimentology and mapping of Archean rocks as part of completion of MSc degree in 1988. The thesis was named ‘Geology of Vellarikundu and adjoining areas and Sedimentology of Malothi puzha’.
2. Worked as project research fellow under a project sponsored by ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Commission) (now ONGC Ltd.) , on Lacustrine Sedimentology, at the Center for Advanced studies in Geology, Punjab University, Chadigarh, India in 1989.
Conversant with Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows 2000, Windows XP , MS office, and geological and mudlogging softwares like WINLOG(HRH), GFAS, ALS2, Rockware etc.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services