SENIOR QA/QC ENGINEER
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
TO SPECIALISE, IMPROVE SELF AND EMPLOYER IN THE AREAS OF QA/QC, WELDING ENGINEERING/INSPECTION, NDT, COATING/PAINTING/CORROSION, MATERIALS/METALLURGY, VENDOR INSPECTION/TESTING, ETC.
I. As “QA-QC MANAGER / RESIDENT ENGINEER” at JUTAL OFFSHORE OIL SERVICES LTD., SHENZHEN, CHINA since Dec 2007
II. As “Owner’s SITE RESIDENT REPRESENTATIVE” for CHEVRON NIGERIA LIMITED, KOREA: Jan - July 2007, in SHENZHEN, CHINA
III. As Owner’s “QA/QC REPRESENTATIVE (MECHANICAL)” with CNOOC
(CHINA NATIONAL OFFSHORE OIL COMPANY), TIANJIN, CHINA / JAKARTA, INDONESIA: Aug 2005 - Dec 2006 for SES GAS PROJECT
IV. As “PRINCIPAL QA ENGINEER” with CAIRN ENERGY PLC, UK: Dec 2001 - Aug 2005 (in their Indian operations’ office, CAIRN ENERGY INDIA PTY. LTD.)
- Monitoring QA/QC activities for LAKSHMI A, LAKSHMI B & GAURI A GAS PROJECTS
V. As “SENIOR QA/QC ENGINEER (MECH.)”: Aug 1999 - Jun 2001 with ENRON ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION CO., Inc. USA
(in their wholly owned Indian Subsidiary Company, 'Lingtec Constructors LP') at Dabhol LNG STORAGE & RE-GASIFICATION TERMINAL, INDIA
Was MECHANICAL QA/QC-IN-CHARGE (Monitoring QA/QC activities) for CONSTRUCTION of 1) 2 No. LNG TANKS, 2) JETTY ONSHORE PIPELINE, 3) RE-GASIFICATION ONSHORE TERMINAL - Process/Utilities Piping, Pr. Vessels, Atmospheric Tanks & Heavy Structures
VI. As “SENIOR ENGINEER (PIPING QC)”: May 1998 - Aug 1999 with CHEMATUR ENGINEERING AB, SWEDEN (in their Indian Subsidiary Co., “IBI Chematur Engineering & Consultancy Ltd.”, Mumbai, INDIA & CHEMATUR ENGINEERING AB, Karlskoga, near STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN)
VII. As “PROJECT QC ENGINEER”: Mar 1997 - Apr 1998 with
GENISYS INTEGRATED ENGINEERS PTE. LTD, SINGAPORE.
- Monitoring QA/QC & Construction activities for MODULE/UTILITIES Construction
VIII. As “PROJECT QC ENGINEER (MECHANICAL)” with SEMBAWANG, SINGAPORE: Mar 1995 - Feb 1997
- Monitoring QC & CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION ACTIVITIES for
(1) Modification of Cargo carrier to one of the world’s largest Pipe Laying Vessel, “SOLITAIRE” for Dutch Co., “ALL SEAS”
(2) Construction of new Bulk Carrier (28500 DWT) for Swiss Co., “SUISSE ATLANTIQUE”
IX. As “PROJECT/QC ENGINEER”: Sep. 1988 - Mar 1995, with companies in Mumbai and Chennai, India
- Monitoring Project Engineering & QA/QC activities for Projects of Power, Thermal Technology and Water Treatment
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Tamil Nadu, India – 1988 (I Class)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from India
International Welding Inspector “Diploma” (# IWI-B/GB/03232) from Intl. Instt. of Welding, UK
Registered Welding Inspector (# R/3416) of TWI Certification Ltd., UK…..valid till Mar 31, 2010
SCWI (Senior Certified Welding Inspector, # 08070118) from AWS, USA..valid till July 1, 2011
CSWIP – 3.1 (Certified Welding Inspector, #8640/2) from TWI, UK, valid till Dec. 2, 2012
NACE (USA) COATING INSPECTOR - Level II Certification...valid till Nov. 2011
ASNT Level II certification in ULTRASONIC TESTING (UT)….valid till Nov. 10, 2011
ASNT Level II certification in RADIOGRAPHIC TESTING (RT) ...valid till Nov. 10, 2011
ASNT Level II certification in MAGNETIC PARTICLE TESTING (MT)... valid till Nov. 10, 2011
ASNT Level II certification in LIQUID PENETRANT TESTING (PT)... valid till Nov. 10, 2011
ISO 9000 LEAD AUDITOR
21 YEARS’ KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Preparation / Approval of PQP/ITP + QA AUDITS
2. Review & Approval of PQP, WPSs/PQRs/WPQs, Company/Sub-contractor ITPs, QC/NDT Procedures, Inspection/Test Reports, NDT drawings, Manufacturer’s Record Books, Piping Test Packs, Material TCs, etc.
3. Field Inspections at construction sites – Fit-up, Welding, NDT (MT, PT, UT) supervision, RT film interpretation, Vacuum box testing, Hydro-testing of Piping/Pipeline/Pressure vessels/Tanks, Alloy verification, Hardness testing, PMI, Leak test, Line pipe coating/sleeving, Surface blasting/ Painting, Holiday testing, Equipment installation supervision, etc.
4. Organising Inspections/Certifications with 3rd Party Inspection Agencies and Technical/Commercial coordination with TPI agencies
5. Material/Equipment Inspection at source (Vendors’ woks/Mills/Foundries) & Receiving inspection at Construction site (including FATs & Testing) for Pipes, Plates, Structurals, Pipe fittings, Flanges, Valves, Pressure vessels, Tanks, Pumps, Process skids, Instrumentation items, etc.
6. CONTRACTOR / VENDOR ACTIVITIES’ QC - MONITORING / COORDINATION WORLD-WIDE
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services