Instruments And Control System Engineer
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 2 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
DCS systems especially in Yokogawa CENTUM CS3000, Instruments calibration, loop checks and troubleshooting of various instruments.
Jul 2007- Till now
Global Technical Services, Cairo, Egypt, in the following projects:
1- Project: Phase 5 Booster Compression (Commissioning )
• Customer: Burrullus Gas Company.
• Project Duration: March 2007- Till now.
- Responsible for calibration, and loop check on all process, utility, and fire & gas systems.
- Inspect, test and adjust electric, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments.
- Inspect meters, indicators, and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
- Tests accuracy of flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators.
- calibrate system components using test and calibration equipment, such as pressure calibrator, potentiometers, temperature calibrator, multi meters and hand held communicator.
- Perform Testing of fire and gas system.
- Troubleshoot in control system problems between I/O panels and field side.
2- Project: Beryl Alpha DCS and Alarm Management Upgrade
(Engineering Subcontract for Yokogawa UK)
• Customer: Mobil North Sea LTD.
• Project Duration: Jul 2007- MAY 2009.
• Project System team: 3 Senior System engineers and 18 System engineers.
• Position: System Engineer.
- Creating required Database of the project from provided Documents such as P&IDs, Loop Drawings and Function Manuals.
- Implementation of complex loops configuration.
- implementation of sequence and batch control by using SEBOL (Sequence and Batch Oriented Language).
- Generating HMI DDS specifying all required definitions and properties of required graphics, such as graphics size and background, link parts, dynamics, lines thickness and colors, buttons, soft keys.
- Reviewing Old MIMIC Graphics according to P&IDs and new database.
- Graphics Dynamics testing by using the Test Function.
- Working and giving assistance with / to all other members.
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) in UK:
• Testing I/O'S hardware.
• Testing HMI & graphics.
• Testing typical loop configuration.
- Drawing all Loop drawings using AutoCAD2008 With the YOKOGAWA system modifications.
- B.SC in Electrical Engineering – May 2005 , Faculty of engineering, Cairo University
Attended The Following Training Courses After BSC Graduation in Automation Systems:
1- PROCESS CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION in Global Technical Services (2007) including:
• Process Control terminology
• Process Measurements
• Controllers and principles of automatic control
• Advanced process control schemes
• Control valves
• ON/OFF Valves
2- DIGITAL PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS in Global Technical Services (2007) including:
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
• Distributed Control System (DCS) and Safety Instrument System (SIS)
• Yokogawa CENTUM CS1000/CS3000 systems as DCS (hardware and programming)
• Prosafe, Prosafe-RS system as SIS or ESD (hardware and programming)
• HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer Protocol) instruments
• Foundation field bus (FF) instruments.
3- AUTOCAD2008 in Global Technical Services (2008).
3- DETAILS ON FUNCTIONAL SAFETY in Global Technical Services (2009).
Course tutor : Arian Slagt
Slagt is working in safety since 1985 and certified in 2001 as Functional Safety Expert ,He also Member of ISA and Member of FF-SIS committee.
Expiration: The Certificate remains valid until March 4th , 2012.
Attended The Following Training During Education Period:
- (Jul 2002 – Aug 2002), (Aug 2003 – Sep 2003) and (Aug 2004 – Sep 2004)
Training in Egyptian Iron & Steel Company including:
• AC & DC Motors
• Central Electricity Laboratories .
• Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) .
• Steel and Electricity Sectors .
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services