B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Graduate with 8 years experience in oil & Gas drilling
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 8 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
I am a mechanical engineer and I have been in the OIL & GAS DRILLING profession for past five years. Seeking modern and dynamic environment whereby my technical and interpersonal skills could be applied and developed.
• Currently working at Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) as Rig Mechanic
(Permanent position) at E-760 - 16 Rig.
Jan 2013 to Present (1 years - 7 months)
• Technical Services (Oil Field Equipments Maintenance Company) as Maintenance Engineer.
Dec 2009 to Jul 2012 (2 years - 8 months)
• ONGC-on contract as Rig mechanic at E 1400 9 Rig (Temporary Position)
Jul 2004 to Sep 2007 (3 years - 2 months)
Work Experience in Drilling Equipments
• Draw works: E-1400 and E-760 BHEL Draw works.
• Top drive: Varco TDS-11SA.
• Mud pumps: National 12-P-160, BPCL A-1100 PT and A -850 PT Triplex pumps.
• Engines: Caterpillar D-399, 3512A and 3512B Series.
• Compressor: Quincy compressor, Ingersoll-Rand and ELGI compressor.
• Swivel: BHEL Make PC-300 and PC-425.
• Rotary Table: RT2010D and RT4-0067 and IRD.
B.O.P, Shale shaker, EZY Torque, Rotary Table, Kelly, Kelly spinner, Pipe spinner,
Hook, Traveling Block, Crown Block, Air Winch, Mud tank system Shale shaker, De sander
unit, De slitters unit, Degasser unit, Mud agitator, Centrifugal pumps, diaphragm Sludge
pump, Hopper pumps, Hydraulic system, Diesel pump and system, Diesel lines, water lines,
Various types of valves- mud tank dump valve, butterfly valve and other drilling equipments.
• 4 Years Bachelor Degree - B.Tech, in Mechanical engineering.
• 3 Years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
• 1 Year Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Exploration.
• 1 Year Diploma in International safety management.
• IOSH - Managing Safely (UK certification)
• Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting training.
• Elementary First Aid.
• Personal Survival Techniques.
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
• Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness
• Life Support and First Aid Skills
• In depth knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems.
• Able to understand, Install, Inspect, Repair, Troubleshoot & Maintain.
Drilling equipments and accessories like Draw works, Mud Pumps, Rotary, Mud
cleaning equipments etc.
Hydraulic equipments like Hydraulic Cylinders, Hydraulic Tongs, BOP, koomey
Control Unit etc.
Pneumatic equipments like Air Compressors, Vacuum Compressors, Diaphragm
pump, air winch, Air Hoists, etc.
• Able to supervise skilled or semi-skilled craftsmen to carry out repairs.
• Able to read /interpret manuals, blue print & Schematics - Hydraulic, Pneumatic &
• Proficient in preparing and maintaining updated maintenance records for all rig
• Able to summarize and generate Daily Progress Report.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to generate Reports, Presentations & Drawings on Computer using Microsoft
Word, Excel, Power Point, AUTO CAD etc.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services