Derrickman/Health & Safety Officer/Assistant Driller
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 8 years
To continue working in the Oil & Gas Exploration/Drilling industry. I would like to progress to Assistant Driller & eventually Driller on a land based or offshore rig.
I have worked extensively in the oilfield in Canada as well as New Zealand and Australia. I have worked approximately 8+ years in the Drilling/Exploration
Industry both land based & offshore.
I have a current medical which was completed in Sept 2009. My F.O.E.T was renewed from 3rd Sept 2009 and my IWCF is current for two years from 18 Dec 2009. I have certificates and references available on request.
I also independently obtained my NEBOSH Certification in 2009.
- 1979 Elementary School Port Stanley Public School Ontario
- 1982 High School - Lakeway Collegiate, Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
- 1983 Saint Paul Secondary School, Saint Paul Alberta
- 1983 Wetaskiwin Composite High School Wetaskiwin
- 1987 University of Alberta, Edmonton (Political Science/Soviet Studies/Psychology)
- 6 Sept 1994 to 26 May 1995 Grant McEwan Community College (Rehabilitation Practitioner)
St Johns Ambulance - Standard First Aid - (Current from 08/04/02)
H2S Alive - Safety Certificate/Ticket
WHMIS - Work Place Hazardous Material Information System - Certificate/Ticket
Fall Protection - Certificate/Ticket
Pre Employment Floorhand Programme for Drilling Rigs – (P.I.T.S)
BETA Apprenticeship for Floorhand
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate – (C.A.O.D.C)
Fit Testing for Respiratory Equipment
Safe Use of Snipes & Boomers
Permit to Work
F.O.E.T – renewed from September 2009 through M & O Pacific
I.W.C.F – renewed 18 Dec 2009 (through Parker Drilling)
Safety Leadership Programme
Confined Space Entry & Rescue
Fire Team Member
N.E.B.O.S.H – International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Highly focused and very adaptable to various working environments and conditions.
- Extremely organized, punctual, accurate and pay great attention to detail.
- Extremely flexible and can effectively prioritise and re-prioritise workloads.
- Self-motivated and professional with strong people skills.
- Able to make good quick decisions and follow them up with sound reasoning.
- I have been told I am fairly easy to work with and try to promote a healthy working environment.
- I am a team player and enjoy the company of people of all ages and with diverse backgrounds.
- I am open to new ideas, friendly, and have an outgoing character.
- I am computer literate.
In May 2005 I completed a correspondence course in – Small Business Studies, which is NZQA recognised.
During my employment on the West Atlas, I was responsible for rewriting the Job Safety Analysis reports (JSA).
Until recently I was undertaking an Extramural under graduate degree in Occupational Safety and Health through Massey University, New Zealand. Currently on hold until time allows me to continue with my studies.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Ecological & Environmental
Oil Field Services