Camp Operations Manager
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 18 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
Manage and develop remote camps
Almost 2 decades’ experience in all facets of the hospitality industry. Managed large scale operations in multiple industries and countries and with a multi-national workforce.
- Remarkable ability for quick thinking and to adapt and solve problem in an organised, timely manner.
- Experience in remote camp management, multiple camp management, exploration camp management, camp design, construction and renovations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form good relationships with peers, staff and customers.
- Proven team-building and motivational skills, resulting in staff loyalty and higher achievement.
- Skilled at simultaneously supervising several projects and consulting with various departments to ensure a smooth operation.
- Consistently balances cost-cutting and enhancements in delivering profit building initiatives.
- Training, development and mentoring staff
- Operated multiple departments, with strong orientation on product quality, service standards and synergistic venue atmosphere.
BIIAB Hospitality Certification
I am an ambitious, hardworking individual with almost 2 decade’s experience in hospitality, catering, camp management and entertainment ranging from private restaurant enterprises to nightlife venues, hotels, resorts and remote mining camps in the UK, China, Thailand and Laos.
My most recent position was Senior Supervisor - Site Services with Phu Bia Mining Limited, a Lao-registered company that is part of the Australian mining company, Pan Aust Limited. Based at a remote and at times hostile location, I worked back to back with the Administration Superintendent to manage all facilities and camp services (concurrently at 3 remote sites) – accommodation, housekeeping, camp maintenance and expansion, catering, off and on site travel and transport and contractor management. My workforce numbered some 330 permanent employees, as well as 30 contractors.
I have a very positive, energetic and ‘can do’ attitude and am very happy to help out and support other people and departments. Safety and health is paramount, as I have seen the results of fatal incidents in this industry. I have always worked very independently with my teams and produced very positive results.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services