Electrical Power Plant Engineer/Supervisor
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 8 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
I am adaptable, conscientious, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with exposure to a wide range of areas in power, energy, industrial and oil & gas sectors possessing excellent communication skills combined
2012-todate (Expatriate); employed and working as an Operations Shift
Engineer/Supervisor at Contourglobal Rwanda dealing in
Methane gas extraction from Lake Kivu and thermal power
Key result areas
• Ensuring close monitoring of the demands from the dispatcher (EWSA, Rwanda’s Energy/Utility company); and ensuring that the demands are met in due time.
• Communicating with dispatching & ensuring close monitoring of the load demands & achieving times (as per request and contracts with the grid operator)
• Maintaining operation data log sheet, preparing reports, engine running schedule as per instruction by Operations Manager.
• Providing necessary hands on training; communicating effectively with the shift team,
• Ensuring that all the operational procedures in place are closely respected.
• Ensuring that the “Work Authorization Process” (LO/TO) is strictly followed for all Equipment under my responsibility. Duly inform the Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager and the Barge Manager of the anomalies noted.
• Acknowledge & Ensure proper implementation of advices/instructions from Hierarchies.
• Closely monitoring the quality, stock and levels of Fuel Gas, Lubricating Oil, Water, and others.
• Ensuring proper and continual training of personnel under my responsibility.
• Bringing in inputs and contributing in activities so as to improve the Operating Conditions of the Plant.
• Provide technical leadership in defining, evaluating and correcting technical problems and developing plant improvements.
YEAR QUALIFICATIONS AND INSTITUTION:
2008-2012. Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering at
Makerere University Kampala. (CGPA 4.44)
2004-2006. Obtained an Ordinary Diploma in Electrical and Electronics
Engineering course at Uganda Technical College Kichwamba.
2001-2003. Obtained a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)
at Saint Leo’s College Kyegobe
1998-2001. Obtained a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) at Ibaale
May 2001. Obtained a Certificate in Business skills development with the
Private Sector Development in Fort Portal.
4. ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Electrical and Mechanical training/certificates on Wartsila gas Engines W20V34SG in Rwanda & W18V32DF issued by Wartsila in Uganda and Rwanda
• Managing safely in power sector training course/certificate obtained from Contourglobal Lome Togo issued by ARMSA CONSULTING.
• O Gas training course on operating safely in Oil and Gas sector training course/certificate at Contourglobal Rwanda issued by OGAS SOLUTIONS
• Fuel and Lube Oil Separator training with Alfa Laval, the manufacturer.
• Water treatment training, Oily water training and chemical hazards handling.
• Firefighting training/Certificate with Uganda and Rwanda Police Fire Brigades.
• Team building training/certificate with TPF ltd(The People Factor Ltd)
• Safety training on working safely in confined spaces, at a height, LOTO, PTW systems, First Aid training, offshore water survival trainings etc.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft word, Excel, outlook, power point etc
• Knowledge of power plants and power generation using LFO, HFO, Oil & Gas electrical/electronic engineering, power system network, protection and switching of high, medium and low voltage switchgears, adequate knowledge in instrumentation systems functions, calibration, testing and fault finding.
• Proficient with DCS & PC software’s, PLCs, familiar with Safety and Computerize Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software systems, able to write technical reports
• Able to trouble shoot on HV and LV systems
• Good comprehension and interpretation of line diagrams
• Experience at leading a team of engineers and technicians
• Highly proactive, self-motivated, team player, with good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in all parts of the world and in remote areas with challenging/harshest environments
• Well-disciplined and strong attention to detail, skillful in handling small parts
• The following are the key strengths I possess; integrity, confidentiality, smartness, self-driven, innovative, and ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services