Principal Specialist- Advisor on Engineering Systems & MARPOL
This is a candidate registered on Gulfoilandgas.com. To contact this candidate you need to purchase a subscription.
Experience: 20 years
Relocation: Yes - Internationally
I am currently working for Lloyd's Register Asia, and now seeking new challenge, supervision and/or plan approval for machinery & piping systems as Machinery Superintendent for newbuilding projects and/or existing ships.
Principal Specialist for Engineering Systems Technology, providing consultancy services and technical advice services and also doing the plan appraisal work for rotating machinery, pressure plants and piping systems for all type of vessels such as containerships, passenger ships, gas carriers and chemical tankers as a Resource Authoriser, and also supporting development and interpretation of the IGC Code, IGF Code and new Gas Ship Rules.
My professional qualifications include:
- A wide range of pumping & piping systems including containerships, dangerous goods, oil tankers, chemical tankers and passenger ships
- Appraisal of rotating machinery and Pressure vessels/plants
- Extensive experience in LNG and LPG cargo piping systems (piping system design and plan appraisal)
- Gas fuelled ship design (Containership, VLCC, LNG/LPG, Storage power plant)
- MARPOL Convention, NOx Technical Code and the Emissions abatement plants
- Ballast water treatment system
- Supervision and direction for the commissioning engineers for on and offshore machinery systems
- Training delivery of machinery and piping systems
Also, I have sea-going experience for two years.
- Electric and Repair Officer for a steam turbine driven Naval Ship(destroyer)
- Chief Engine Officer for a diesel engine driven Naval Support Ship
Techno-MBA, 1995-1997 (KAIST, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
BSc. in Marine Engineering, 1975-1979 (Pukyong National University)
Certification of competency as second engineer of an Ocean-going vessel
July 1999– to date
Lloyd's Register Asia
Principal Specialist & Manager for Technology Group in Busan TSO
LNG/LPG fuelled design related work experience(HAZID/HAZOP/FMEA & Approval in Principle (AiP) includes:
- LNG fuelled containerships, VLCCs
- ME-GI powered LNG carriers
- ME-LGI powered LPG carriers
- 6,500 m3 LNG bunkering vessel
- GE COGES powered LNG carriers
- Fuelcell system powered LNG carriers
- Floating storage power plant (Gas turbine, Steam turbine)
Engineering Systems Group Leader in Busan Technical Support Office
Plan approval and technical advice services on machinery & piping systems and electrical & control engineering systems.
1981 – 1999 Pre-LR experience
Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
Worked for Samsung Heavy Industries, Shipbuilding division, Design department. The work experience includes:
- Machinery, pumping and piping systems design
- Tanker piping system design (including shuttle tankers)
- Offshore piping systems (Drill ship, FPSO, FSO, LPG FSO, Pipe Layer)
- To prepare operation manual for COW, IGS, ODMS, VECS, etc.
- Gas carriers & LNG/LPG FSO design and development:
Gas Carrier cargo piping system design (LNG, LPG)
Functional design of GTT Mark III & 96-2 containment system
Oil Treating & Refining
Oil & Gas Companies
Transport of Hydrocarbons
Ecological & Environmental
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Oil Field Services