Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

CGG and TAQA expand their partnership in the Middle East

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 3/27/2006, Location: Middle East

Compagnie Générale de Géophysique has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Industrialization & Energy Services Company (TAQA), its long term Saudi Partner in ARGAS. By this Agreement TAQA will acquire 49% of the capital of CGG Ardiseis, a newly formed CGG subsidiary dedicated to Land & Shallow Water Seismic Data Acquisition in the Middle East. CGG will hold the remaining 51%.

CGG Ardiseis will provide its clients with the whole range of CGG Land and Shallow Water Acquisition Services, focusing on Eye-D, the latest CGG technology for full 3D seismic imaging. High productivity onshore vibroseis operations in the Middle East will particularly benefit from this breakthrough technology.

As part of the Agreement, CGG Ardiseis activities in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries will be exclusively operated by ARGAS (Arabian Geophysical and Surveying Company), which is 51% owned by TAQA and 49% by CGG.

The transaction is expected to be closed before the end of first half 2006.

Seismic survey News in Saudi Arabia >>

United Kingdom >>  8/22/2019 - Cluff Natural Resources Plc is pleased to announce that the Company and its Operating Partner, Shell U.K. Limited (Shell), have completed a broadband ...
United States >>  8/20/2019 - Magseis Fairfield has signed a contract for operating a low frequency source on a previously announced deepwater node survey in the Gulf of Mexico. Th...

Russia >>  8/12/2019 - Gazprom Neft has become the first oil company in Russia to use the domestically produced standalone “CRAB” seabed station for seismic surveys — Russia...
United Kingdom >>  8/5/2019 - Cluff Natural Resources Plc, the AIM quoted natural resources investing company with a high impact exploration and appraisal portfolio focused on the ...

Namibia >>  8/1/2019 - Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA (EMGS) has been awarded a contract from Nabirm Global LLC (“Nabirm”) for a proprietary 3D CSEM survey over Block 2113A...
United States >>  7/30/2019 - ION Geophysical, an ocean bottom seismic (OBS) acquisition specialist, has announced a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on seabed acquisitio...

Related Categories: Formation Evaluation  General  Geological, Geophysical  Geophysical Contractors  Mud Logging  Reservoir Engineering & Recovery Methods  Seismic survey  Well Completion, Logging, Workover 

Related Articles: Formation Evaluation  General  Geological, Geophysical  Geophysical Contractors  Mud Logging  Reservoir Engineering & Recovery Methods  Seismic survey  Well Completion, Logging, Workover 


Saudi Arabia Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |

More News

Related Links

AE BH IL IQ JO KW LB OM QA SA SY YE
Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.