FX Energy Testing Tuchola-3K & Plawce-2 Wells

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 4/23/2013, Location: Europe

FX Energy, Inc. reported on testing two of its wells in Poland.

Tuchola-3K Testing Upper Devonian

The Tuchola 3-K well encountered good hydrocarbon shows in two zones in a 215 meter gross section of reefoidal Upper Devonian. Logs and sidewall cores confirm good porosity and permeability in two separate zones. Operations are now underway to test both intervals through open-hole drill stem tests. If these tests are encouraging, a 7 inch liner will be set and the interval(s) will undergo stimulation and thorough production testing.

The Tuchola-3K well is the Company’s first test well in one of the Edge concession blocks in northern Poland. Previous drilling by other companies encountered live oil and gas in a number of horizons in the region, including the Zechstein, Rotliegend, Devonian and Carboniferous. The Tuchola-3K well was designed to test the Zechstein Main Dolomite, the Upper Devonian and the Middle Devonian. FX Energy is the operator and owns 100% of the working interest.

Plawce-2 Frack Operations Underway

Field operations are underway to frack three intervals in the Rotliegend and carry out three separate production tests. Halliburton is expected to initiate fracking procedures later this week and it is anticipated that the project will take approximately three to five weeks with results available in the latter part of May. Halliburton will carry out three separate fracks at intervals between 3,760 and 4,098 meters. After all three fracks have been completed, each interval will undergo a five or six day production test.

The Plawce-2 well was completed in the third quarter of 2011 and is located in what is believed to be a several kilometer wide uplifted band of tight Rotliegend sandstone that stretches across the northern border of the Fences concession. The Plawce-2 well was designed to test whether a vertical multi-frack well could yield commercial production and whether this tight sand area merits further evaluation. The Plawce-2 well encountered 480 meters of tight Rotliegend sandstone. Logs, cores and a drill stem test yielded gas shows with no water. The Polish Oil and Gas Company isthe Operator and owns 51% of the working interest; FX Energy owns the remaining 49% working interest.

For more information about related Opportunities and Key Players visit Unconventional Oil & Gas


Norway >>  1/13/2022 - TechnipFMC (FTI) has been awarded an integrated Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (iEPCI™) contract(1) for Equinor’s Smorbukk No...

Related Categories: Coalbed Methane  General  Heavy Oil  Methane Clathrate  Oil Sands  Oil Shale  Shale Gas  Tight Gas  Tight Oil 

Related Articles: Coalbed Methane  General  Heavy Oil  Methane Clathrate  Oil Sands  Oil Shale  Shale Gas  Tight Gas  Tight Oil 


Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.