H-Bio is a refining process that utilizes vegetable oils as an input, in order to obtain diesel oil, and involves the hydrogenation of a blend of vegetable oils. The chief benefits of this new industrial process are that it:
- allows the use of vegetable oils from a variety of sources;
- doesn’t produce waste requiring special disposal;
- produces a higher quality of diesel oil;
- introduces flexibility in the load composition for the Hydrogenation Unit and optimizes the utilization of diesel oil fractions at the refinery;
- requires only normal handling and storage.
It is important to note that the new process does not compete with the refining of oil to obtain diesel oil, nor with the biodiesel program, as these are all complementary initiatives, aimed at increasing the supply of diesel oil.