Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. delivered it delivered an 80,000? LPG carrier, the Dorset (Kawasaki hull number 1643) to Xing Long Maritime S.A. The ship is the 48th LPG carrier built by Kawasaki, and the 9th of this particular model.
- The ship employs Kawasaki’s “SEA-Arrow” (Sharp Entrance Angle bow as an arrow), developed to minimize bow wave resistance and improve propulsive performance, as well as the Kawasaki rudder bulb system with fins (RBS-F) designed to reduce fuel consumption.
- The ship employs the main engine with a fuel-efficient ultra long-stroke two-cycle low-speed diesel engine.
- To load petroleum gas that has been liquefied at low temperature, the ship’s cargo hold has four separate insulated storage tanks that absorb low-temperature contraction separately from the ship.
- The storage tanks are made of special low-temperature purpose steel and are surrounded with urethane foam insulation to permit loading of liquefied petroleum gas at temperatures as low as -46?.
- The environmentally designed fuel tank has double-wall construction to prevent ocean pollution.