Kuwait Energy Finds Discovery at East Ras Qattara

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 12/17/2014, Location: Africa

Kuwait Energy an independent oil and gas company with assets across the MENA region, and their main partner, the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC), declared that the exploration well Shahd-4 on the East Ras Qattara development lease, located in the Northern Western Desert onshore Egypt discovered hydrocarbons in the Wadi El Natrun formation (Jurassic) formation.

Kuwait Energy holds a 49.5% revenue interest in the East Ras Qattara development lease, while the remaining 50.5% is held by the operating company Sipetrol.

Tests of the Wadi El Natrun formation achieved flow rates of 1275 BBLS/D of condensate with 51 API and 12.5 MSCF/D of gas on choke 32/64; and 2400 BBLS/D of condensate and 25 MMSCFD on choke 64/64".

This is a very important discovery as this is the first time that the Jurassic formation is proven to be a hydrocarbon producer in the East Tiba Half Graben sedimentary basin.

Sara Akbar, CEO of Kuwait Energy, said:

Iam delighted to announce this discovery at the East Ras Qattara. This discovery would also allow for further diversification of our production in Egypt from oil, gas and condensates.

For more information about related Opportunities and Key Players visit Egypt Oil and Gas Projects


Morocco >>  8/9/2022 - Sound Energy, the transition energy company, is pleased to provide an update on the Phase 2 development financing of its Tendrara Production Concessio...
United Kingdom >>  8/8/2022 - The Operator of PEDL241, Egdon Resources U.K. Limited, has filed an appeal on behalf of the Joint Venture partnership against Lincolnshire County Coun...

Colombia >>  7/29/2022 - Petrobras confirms the discovery of natural gas accumulation in the Uchuva-1 exploratory well, drilled in deep waters of Colombia, 32 kilometers off t...
Ireland >>  7/29/2022 - Europa Oil & Gas, the AIM traded UK, Ireland and Morocco focused oil and gas exploration, development, and production company, has announced that the ...

United Arab Emirates >>  7/29/2022 - Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) announced today a second discovery of natural gas resources in the first exploration well in Abu Dhabi’s Offsho...
Gambia >>  7/28/2022 - FAR Limited an independent, Africa focused, oil & gas exploration company, provides its quarterly activities report for the quarter ended 30 June 2022...

Related Categories: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  Food Supplies  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Unskilled Labors  Utility Systems  Waste Disposal  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 

Related Articles: Camp Building  Cleaning Equipment, Services  Communication  Corrosion Products/Services  Development  Exploration  General  Labor Services  Land & Leasing  Mine Clearance  Oil & Gas Companies  Production  Service Companies  Skilled Labors  Transportation, 4X4 Trucks  Utility Systems  Waste Disposal  Water Supply Services  Welding Products/Services 


Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.