Valmec Ltd., an Australian energy services group, reported that following the acquisition of Exterran Australia by Valmec in December 2014, Valmec Services has been awarded its first significant contract to provide services to the Talinga Gas Processing Facility for the Australia Pacific liquefied natural gas (LNG) project in Queensland, Australia operated by Origin Energy.
- $4.1 million (AUD 5.3 million) contract for Australia Pacific LNG
- Work to commence immediately
- Demonstrates value of recent Exterran acquisition
- Aligns with Company’s strategy of delivering across project lifecycle
- With a contract value of approximately $4.1 million (AUD 5.3 million), the project will involve Valmec providing maintenance and overhaul services for the compression equipment at the facility, near Chinchilla, Queensland.
Work will commence immediately, with an expected completion date of July 2015.
Valmec Managing Director Steve Dropulich said: “We are delighted to have secured such a significant service and maintenance contract on the back of the acquisition of Exterran Australia and to be involved in this project for Australia Pacific LNG and Origin.
“It will be delivered by our Queensland site-based team and Dalby workshop services team, supported by our project construction operations.
“This project is strategically aligned with our mission of delivering value to our clients across every aspect of our operations and the project lifecycle.”