The Government of Uganda (GoU) announced the country’s first open competitive licensing round for petroleum exploration. This licensing round will cover six blocks in the Albertine Graben, which is a proven prospective sedimentary basin. Eng. Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy and Mineral Development said, 'We have an estimated 6.5 billion barrels of in place petroleum resources from exploration work in less than 40% in the Albertine Graben. However, less than 10% of the Albertine Graben is currently licensed and the six blocks targeted for this maiden licensing round have good data coverage.'
Taking place at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel, in a joint venture with ITE Group Plc, Global Pacific & Partners, will host the 12th Africa Independents Forum 2015 in London 26th-27th May. This event gathers together players from across Africa, plus key financial markets, equity financiers and investors found on AIM and the LSE, and related parties drawn from around Africa, Europe, and elsewhere.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
· Ian Cloke, Vice President, Exploration, Tullow Oil, London
· Dr Duncan Clarke, President, African Institute of Petroleum, London
· James Phillips, President & Chief Executive Officer, Africa Energy Corp, Cape Town
· Dr Mike Fischer, President, Africa, Ophir Energy, London
· Steve Lowden, Chief Executive Officer, New Age (New African Global Energy), London
· Dr Tony Atherton, Managing Director, Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals Oil & Gas, EAME, Societe Generale, London
· Wade Cherwayko, Chief Executive Officer, Regalis Petroleum, Nigeria
· Cathal Friel, Chairman & Founder, Fastnet Oil & Gas, Dublin
· Robert Sheppard, Chief Executive Officer, Soma Oil & Gas, London
· Paul Dailly, Senior Vice President, Exploration, Kosmos Energy, Dallas
· Lina Haidar, Chief Executive Officer, Cap Energy, London
· Nishant Dighe, Chief Executive Officer, Panoro Energy, London
· Kevin Hart, Chief Executive, Bowleven, Edinburgh
· Ahmed Salem Oul Tekrour, Director General of Hydrocarbons, Ministere du Petrole, de L’Energie et des Mines, Mauritania
The 69th PetroAfricanus Reception follows the Independents Forum, (Guest Speaker, Brian O’Cathain, Chief Executive, Petroceltic International), with the 8th African National Oil Companies Strategy Briefing held prior, on 26th May 2015, hosted by Global Pacific & Partners.
This intensive, one-day, not-to-miss, Tour de l’Afrique, revealing Africa’s dynamic but changing competitive oil maps and political economy, with fast-shifting geopolitics and state oil/gas landscapes, highlights themes and insights not typically identified by any conventional analysts or media.
Delegates receive direct online access to all Presentations, with unique insights from our 8th African National Oil Companies: Strategy Briefing 2015 held in London, and containing around 500 Images on Africa’s National Oil Companies and Governments, crafted by Duncan Clark