International Petroleum Announces Commencement of Drilling Program in Malaysia

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 6/25/2019, Location: Asia

International Petroleum Corp (IPC) has commenced drilling of the first well in a planned multi-well drilling program on Block PM307, located offshore Peninsular Malaysia. IPC is the operator of Block PM307 and holds a 75% working interest, with Petronas Carigali holding the remaining 25% working interest.

Bertram infill wells / Keruing exploration well
The PM307 drilling program is planned to consist of two infill landing pilot wells in the southeastern and northeastern areas of the Bertam field, followed by the Keruing exploration well and three Bertam field infill wells.

The first pilot well will test the upside potential in the northeastern A15 area, which could lead to an additional infill well being added to the 2019 program in the success case.

The second pilot well will target the southeastern A14 area with the aim to confirm commercial quantities of hydrocarbons and to act as a landing pilot to de-risk development drilling. The Keruing exploration well will target a prospect in the I-35 reservoir, approx. 600 metres shallower than the Bertam field.

Mike Nicholson, CEO of IPC, comments: 'I am very pleased to see the start of an exciting multi-well drilling program in Malaysia which follows the two successful infill drilling campaigns in 2016 and 2018. These wells are targeting low cost, high value tiebacks to our Bertam field facilities, aimed at maximizing the value of our Malaysian business for all stakeholders.'


Norway >>  8/9/2022 - The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has given Equinor consent for exploration drilling in block 6507/8 in the Norwegian Sea.

Operator: E...

Guyana >>  8/5/2022 - The drilling of the Beebei-Potaro exploratory well, located in the Kanuku licence, off the coast of Guyana, has been finished, according to Tullow Oil...

Australia >>  8/4/2022 - - 21 stages were stimulated, which is the greatest number of stimulation stages in a single well in the Beetaloo to date
- Delivered 927m of st...

Romania >>  8/4/2022 - Serinus Energy plc ("Serinus") (SEN), is pleased to announce that the drilling of the Canar-1 exploration well in Romania commenced.

...


Norway >>  8/3/2022 - The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor a drilling permit for well 6507/8-11 S in production licence PL 124.
Oman >>  8/2/2022 - Maha Energy AB (publ) is pleased to announce the signing of an Agreement with Gulf Drilling LLC (“Gulf”) a wholly owned subsidiary of MB Petroleum Ser...

Related Categories: Artificial Lift  Cementing, Stimulation  Directional Drilling  Drilling  Drilling Engineering & Equipment Systems  Enhanced Oil Recovery  General  Logging, Perforating, Testing  Offshore Drilling  Reservoir/Completion Consultants  Workover & Well Services  Workover Rigs/Services 

Related Articles: Artificial Lift  Cementing, Stimulation  Directional Drilling  Drilling  Drilling Engineering & Equipment Systems  Enhanced Oil Recovery  General  Logging, Perforating, Testing  Offshore Drilling  Reservoir/Completion Consultants  Workover & Well Services  Workover Rigs/Services 


Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2021 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.