Gulf Oil and Gas accountACCOUNT

Petrobras Signs Contract for Sale of Frade Field

Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 11/28/2019, Location: South America

Petrobras signed with PetroRio Jaguar Petroleo Ltda., subsidiary of Petro Rio S.A. (“PetroRio”), a contract for the sale of 30% stake in the Frade concession, located in the Campos Basin, north coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro forUS$ 100 million. Currently, PetroRio holds the remaining 70% of Frade's concession through its subsidiaries.

The transaction also included the sale of the entire stake held by Petrobras Frade Inversiones S.A. (PFISA), a subsidiary of Petrobras, in the company Frade BV, which owns the offshore assets used in the development of Frade field production.

The sale price of US$ 100 million, will be paid in two installments: (i) US$ 7.5 million upon signature of the contract; and (ii) US$ 92.5 million at the close of the transaction, subject to adjustments due. In addition, there is a contingent US$ 20 million due to a potential new discovery in the field. The transaction closing is subject to the fulfillment of precedent conditions, such as approvals by the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) and the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP).

This disclosure complies with Petrobras' divestment guidelines and is aligned with the provisions of the special procedure for assignment of rights on exploration, development and production of oil, natural gas and other fluid hydrocarbons, provided for in Decree 9,355/2018.

This transaction is in line with the portfolio optimization and the improvement of the company’s capital allocation, aiming at generating value for our shareholders.

About the Frade Field
The Frade Field is located about 118 km from the north coast of the state of Rio de Janeiro, in water depths between 1,050 and 1,300 meters. Production started in June 2009 and the average production in 2019 was about 18,400 boe/day. After the completion of the sale, PetroRio will hold 100% of the consortium and Frade BV through its subsidiaries.

For more information about related Opportunities and Key Players visit Brazil Oil and Gas Projects

Acquisitions and Divestitures News in Brazil >>

South Africa >>  2/25/2020 - Africa Energy Corp., an oil and gas company with exploration assets offshore South Africa and Namibia, is pleased to announce the execution of two far...
Nigeria >>  2/24/2020 - ADM Energy PLC, an oil and gas investing company quoted on AIM, is pleased to advise that it has entered into a sale and purchase agreement ("Agreemen...

Egypt >>  2/20/2020 - United Oil & Gas Plc (UOG) is pleased to announce the satisfaction of the regulatory conditions attached to its proposed acquisition (Acquisition) of ...
Canada >>  2/19/2020 - Calima Energy Limited (CE1) (Calima) owns and operates drilling and production rights in British Columbia (”Calima Lands”). The Company is pleased to ...

Vietnam >>  2/14/2020 - KrisEnergy has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, KrisEnergy (Vietnam 115) Ltd, has entered into a farm-out agreement with a major internatio...
Ireland >>  2/13/2020 - Providence Resources P.l.c., the Irish based Energy Company provides the following corporate update. ...

Related Categories: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Industrial Development  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 

Related Articles: Accounting, Statistics  Acquisitions and Divestitures  Asset Portfolio Management  Economics/Financial Analysis  General  Insurance  Investment  Mergers and Acquisitions  Risk Management 


Brazil Oil & Gas 1 >>  2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |

Oil & Gas Projects in Brazil >>

More News

Related Links

Gulf Oil and Gas
Copyright © 2020 Universal Solutions All rights reserved. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy.