LyondellBasell (LYB) announced that Sinopec Hainan Refining & Chemical Co., LTD. (Sinopec) will use the LyondellBasell Hostalen “Advanced Cascade Process” (Hostalen ACP) technology for a new facility.
The process technology will be used for a 300 KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) facility to be built in Yangpu, Hainan Province, P.R. China.
“Multi-modal HDPE resins play a key role in addressing the growing demand for higher value polyethylene products,” said Neil Nadalin, Director of Licensing at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added: “The Hostalen ACP process is the leading low-pressure technology to deliver those benchmark polymer products.”
With these new capacity additions, LyondellBasell has licensed over 8500 KTA of benchmark multi-modal HDPE resins.
The Hostalen ACP low-pressure slurry process technology manufactures high performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an increased stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance and high stress-cracking resistance used in pressure pipe, film and blow-molding applications.
The Sinopec Hainan HDPE plant will commence operations using Avant Z501 and Avant Z509 catalysts to produce a full range of multi-modal HDPE products.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasell’s in-house expertise of continuous process, operating and product improvements by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process technology, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
- Spheripol – The leading PP process technology with more than 27 million tons of licensed capacity with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
- Spherizone – The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
- Lupotech – The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
- Spherilene – Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
- Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
- Avant – Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.