Brookfield Renewable Ireland has selected PCI’s Enterprise Platform for management of its energy billing requirements in the Irish power market.
As part of its agreement with Brookfield Renewable Ireland, PCI will deploy its specifically tailored, cloud-based, integrated platform that incorporates the PCI Billing Solution, and a breadth of capabilities including:
- Management of complex bilateral contracts, such as power purchase agreements (PPA)
- Contract settlements calculation engine to perform settlement allocation based on specific business rules
- Interfaces with upstream and downstream systems
- Comprehensive auditability with all data versions and updates stored for auditing requirements
- Extensive workflow automation for invoice creation and management
- Data extraction, reporting and drill-down capabilities
- Platform extension to support Brookfield Renewable Ireland’s customer portal
Chief Commercial Officer at Brookfield Renewable Ireland, Ciaran O'Brien noted, “To support our business expansion, we needed a scalable and proven software platform. After extensive international evaluation, we selected PCI to be our long-term technology partner based on their expertise and unique solution offering, which aligned with our objective to provide best-in-class, connected, customer-centric solutions.”
“PCI is pleased to be partnering with Brookfield Renewable Ireland and is looking forward to creating value for their business operations with our time-tested, scalable cloud platform, and unparallel 24x7 customer support,” said PCI Vice President, Shailesh Mishra. “With this opportunity, PCI will further expand its global customer-base and views Ireland as a strategic growth market.”
The PCI Platform offers unmatched functionality for renewable energy players to optimize their portfolios, including co-optimization of Energy Storage Systems (ESS) in wholesale power markets. PCI works with numerous renewable energy providers throughout the world, including, RWE Renewables, Iberdrola, Acciona, and BHE Renewables.