Yokogawa Electric Corporation announces the addition of the TB820D right angle scattered light turbidity detector, FC800D non-reagent type free available chlorine sensor unit, RC800D reagent type residual chlorine sensor unit, FLXA402T liquid analyzer for turbidity and chlorine, and PG400 pulse generator for clean unit to its OpreX™ Analyzers lineup for water treatment facilities. With the release of these new products, the same water purification technologies that have helped ensure high-quality drinking water in Japan will now be available in Southeast Asia, the Middle East, South Korea, Australia, and Taiwan. They will become progressively available in the Americas, Europe, and China after April.
Water quality must be monitored regularly, and a swift response must be made to correct any deficiencies to ensure a safe supply of drinking water. The World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines state that turbidity and chlorine density should be tested on all drinking water supplies.
Since introducing the free available chlorine analyzer (non-reagent type) in 1962 and the turbidity transmitter in 1973, Yokogawa has been a leading supplier of turbidity and chlorine analyzers and has continuously improved these products to meet Japan's stringent water supply requirements. These latest analyzers utilize self-diagnostic functions that help streamline the maintenance of plants and facilities.
- Industry-standard analyzer technology
Yokogawa analyzers make use of transmitted and scattered light turbidity measurement techniques that have been accepted for use as a de facto standard by water utility companies in Japan, and their reliability is widely acknowledged.
- Improved efficiency through self-diagnostics, wireless communications, and remote monitoring
The TB820D right angle scattered light turbidity detector, FC800D non-reagent type free available chlorine sensor unit, and RC800D reagent type residual chlorine sensor unit utilize self-diagnostic functions that can detect when maintenance is due, and when faults have occurred. The RC800D can also detect when measurement fluid has run out. Furthermore, the FLXA402T liquid analyzer for turbidity and chlorine is designed to link with these other sensors, convert the detected values, and relay that data wirelessly to the cloud so that it can be monitored remotely from any location. Reducing the necessity for on-site operation and maintenance enables facilities whose equipment is distributed over a wide area to operate more efficiently.
- Reduced implementation costs through the connection of multiple sensors
Unlike similar products currently available on the global market, the FLXA402T analyzer can be connected to two turbidity detectors and chlorine sensor units simultaneously. At sites that require the use of multiple sensors, this helps to hold down implementation costs.
Major Target Markets
- TB820D right angle scattered light turbidity detector: Management of water intake, sedimentation, purification, distribution, and other processes at water treatment facilities
- FC800D non-reagent type free available chlorine sensor unit: Free available chlorine density management in water purification, distribution, and supply
- RC800D reagent type residual chlorine sensor unit:
* Management of water intake, sedimentation, purification, distribution, and other processes at water treatment facilities
* Management of industrial-use water facilities
* Water quality control for large boilers
- FLXA402T liquid analyzer for turbidity and chlorine: Used with TB820D, FC800D, and RC800D
- PG400 pulse generator for clean unit: Self-cleaning module for TB820D
OpreX is the comprehensive brand for Yokogawa's industrial automation (IA) and control business. The OpreX name stands for excellence in the technologies and solutions that Yokogawa cultivates through the co-creation of value with its customers, and encompasses the entire range of Yokogawa's IA products, services, and solutions. This brand comprises the following five categories: OpreX Transformation, OpreX Control, OpreX Measurement, OpreX Execution, and OpreX Lifecycle. The TB820D, FC800D, RC800D, and FLXA402T are part of the OpreX Analyzers product lineup, which is aligned under the OpreX Measurement category. The OpreX Measurement category includes field equipment and systems for highly precise measurement, data collection, and analysis.
With this brand, Yokogawa will deliver integrated solutions that address specific needs and support its customers in their efforts to transform and grow their businesses.