Source: www.gulfoilandgas.com 3/26/2021, Location: Europe
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) has carried out an audit of Island Drilling Company AS (Island Drilling) and their system for managing the working environment.
The audit was carried out from 9 to 12 February 2021.
The objective of the audit was to verify that the system for managing the working environment meets the regulatory requirements.
Our audit identified ten non-conformities. These comprised:
• Regulatory basis
• Prevention of occupational musculoskeletal disorders
• Psychosocial conditions
• Register of workers exposed to carcinogenic or mutagenic chemicals
• Personal protective equipment
• Joint local working environment committee (FS-AMU)
• Employee participation
• Competence and training within working environment factors
No improvement points were identified.
What happens next?
We have asked Island Drilling to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. The deadline for reply is set at 20 April 2021.