OceanTools Ltd, world-leading underwater technologists based in Aberdeen Scotland, has launched the smallest version of the world's most advanced subsea leak detection system.
The new ultra-compact D5 DyeTector has been specifically designed for installation on AUV systems with free-running data and low-power electronics and for use on smaller observation class ROVs. D5 is the first dye detector of its kind to meet the increasing use of AUVs for pipeline surveys.
Key features of this ground-breaking product include:
• Compact & lightweight design
• One thousand metres standard operating depth rating with optional 6000m
• Designed for AUVs with configurable free-running data output
• Designed for observation class ROVs with conventional serial control
• May be supplied to detect Rhodamine, Fluorescein or UV dyes
Kevin Parker, Managing Director of OceanTools, said:
“This is a very important addition to our product range, we believe it is the first AUV-mounted dye detection system to come to market.”
The first units are currently being manufactured for inclusion in Ashtead Technology’s subsea equipment rental pool. OceanTools Ltd signed an exclusive rental agreement with Ashtead Technology in March 2022. Dave Johnston, ROV Tooling Manager at Ashtead Technology, said:
“The new ultra-compact D5 will be a welcome addition to our extensive inventory of innovative technologies, and we look forward to seeing the systems performing in the field for our customers.”