Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd.(“K”Line), charterer of the car carrier “Fremantle Highway”, has
received a report from the owner of the vessel that she was towed by salvors in the early morning
of August 3(Local time) to the port of Eemshaven and berthed in the afternoon of August 3(Local
time). The Captain, who was being kept in hospital, was discharged on August 3(Local Time).
All the 22 people who were hospitalized from this incident have now been discharged.
The owner will investigate the extent of damage and cause of the accident which will be
conducted in cooperation with the authorities.
Our condolences remain the crew member who tragically lost his life in this incident.
1. Vessel name: Fremantle Highway
2. Vessel type: Vehicle Carrier (6,000units capacity)
3. Registration: Panama
4. Built: 2013
5. Crew: 21 Indians
6. Owners: LUSTER MARITIME S.A.
7. Specification: LOA 199.97M, Breadth 32.26M, Gross Tonnage 59,525MT
8. No.of cars on board 3784.