- A contract for a Geophysical Survey of pipeline routes, covering the Anning and Somerville
field developments has been awarded to Gardline Limited following a competitive tender
and evaluation process.
- Mobilisation of the Gardline Vessel “Ocean Observer” to the Anning and Somerville field
locations is expected to occur during September 2023.
- In-situ geophysical investigation and laboratory testing of seabed samples taken from the
preferred export routes from the Anning and Somerville sites will be conducted.
- The results of the geophysical survey will form a critical component of the Environmental
Statement along with a detailed understanding of the seabed conditions to assist in the
Hartshead Resources NL (Hartshead, HHR or the Company) and the JV partner Rockrose Energy (part
of Viaro Group) are pleased to announce that the Company has awarded a contract for a Geophysical
Pipeline Survey for the Anning and Somerville fields to Gardline Limited (Gardline), following a
competitive tender and subsequent technical and commercial bid evaluation.
It is expected that the MV Ocean Observer, an 80.4 metre Multi Role Survey Vessel, will be
used for the work program. The Ocean Observer will be mobilised to the Anning and Somerville field
locations to commence the pipeline survey in September 2023.
The main objectives of the geophysical survey are to provide the Company with confirmation of the
seabed and sub seabed soil conditions to finalize the design and the efficient installation of the export
pipeline route from the Anning and Somerville locations. The survey will utilize the following
- Multibeam echosounder – hull mounted;
- Sidescan sonar towed approximately 8m above seabed;
- Magnetometer piggy-backed to sidescan sonar;
- Sub-bottom profiler, hull mounted;
- Environmental cameras, environmental grab sampler;
- Vibrocorer and mini- CPT system to take samples/measurements in the top 6m below
ONSHORE / OFFSHORE LABORATORY TESTING which shall be performed in accordance with
internationalstandards and procedures (i.e. ISO, ASTM, BSI, NS, ISRM, or equivalent).
Chris Lewis the Hartshead CEO said , "The pipeline route survey is a critical step in our commitment to
developing sustainable energy infrastructure while prioritizing safety and environmental preservation.
We are dedicated to working closely with local communities and stakeholders to ensure that our
pipeline project meets the highest standards of safety, efficiency, and environmental responsibility.
I would like to again thank the Hartshead team for all their work rapidly moving our development
forward and our Joint Venture partner, RockRose, for their support.”
Francesco Mazzagatti, CEO of Viaro Energy, commented, “We have been very happy with the progress
made on the development of Anning and Somerville so far. The efficiency with which the NSTA
approved the deal, recent important milestones met and this securing of the geophysical survey are a
testament to the capabilities of both the Hartshead and Rockrose teams, and I appreciate everyone’s
work and collaboration. We are currently preparing our application for the operatorship of the fields
and expect the FID to go equally smoothly later in the year.”