The company was established by virtue of an exploration and production sharing agreement (EPSA) between the national oil corporation and the European companies union (REPSOL, OMV , TOTAL) which was approved by the general peoples committee, resolution number 802/14 23 issued on 06/12/1994. accordingly , the resolution number 228 / 1424 was issued by the secretary of the general peoples committee for the economy and commerce on 11/04/1995 to open a branch of the Swiss company Repsol oil operations .
The company's field of activities is limited to exploration and production of oil for the benefit of the agreement parties .
The headquarters of the company's main branch are located in Tripoli , while its national concession – NC-115 ( el - shararah field ) and the concession 186 , are located in the middle of the Libyan desert near the city of ubari at a distance of about 723 km to the south of zawia city .
The crude oil pipeline project from el - shararah field to the storage tanks in zawia was executed in two stages : The first stage with a total length of 340 km and a diameter of 30 inches between el - Shararah field and Hamada field, which became operational on 12/12/1996 and the Second Stage with a total length of 383 km and a diameter of 30 inches between Hamada field and the storage tanks in zawia was executed on 09/03/1998 , coupled with a booster station in Hamada, in addition to that, a fiber-optic cable was put in place parallel to the pipeline with seven repeater stations .
Optimal sustainable production capacity assured.
Meet shareholders' expectations.
Full commitment to safe and cost effective operations.
Maintain High Health, Safety and Environmental Standards.
Efficient & effective use of new technology.
Develop a Competent Libyan Workforce.