The company invites sealed tenders from eligible candidates for Supply of Explosion Proof Junction Boxes.
- The scope of works shall include the following:-
* Supply of explosion proof junction boxes. The tenderer shall supply the explosion proof junction boxes and carry out the tests and inspection with a company representative to the satisfaction of the company.
* Supply of explosion proof cable glands for the junction boxes supplied under this scope.
* Supply of explosion proof plugs for junction boxes supplied under this scope.
* Explosion proof junction boxes totaling 172No shall be supplied. These shall be delivered and inspected at the company’s Pump Station No.10 (Nairobi) stores.
* The explosion proof junction boxes must be supplied within 10 weeks from date of issue of purchase order by the company.
* The supplier shall furnish the company with the inspection procedure.
- The specifications for the Explosion Proof Junction Boxes are as follows:-
* The junction box will be used for explosion proof area, the material of the box body should be 316 stainless steel castings, and the thickness of the box wall requires more than 6mm. And the box shall be flameproof structure. Recommended dimensions is 300mm (length) × 85mm (width) × 200mm (height).
* Junction box shall be provided with signal terminals and grounding bus bar which shall be used for connecting shielded wire.
* Intrinsically junction box on the front side shall be engraved with the corresponding explosion-proof mark.
* The cable entry on junction box shall be at the bottom. The junction boxes shall be supplied with pre-drilled gland entries, suitable for the area certification, number and size of cables required with provision for 20% spare. Gland plates shall NOT be used. Entries shall be from the bottom or side and fitted with EExd brass stopping plugs to maintain type approval. The supplier shall provide plug for the junction box all cable entries.
* Insulated bus bars shall be installed in each junction box for the connection in and out of the cable screen. The bus bars shall be connected together by 10mm˛ yellow/green cable with bolted connections top and bottom.
* All junction boxes shall have a high level of electro-magnetic interference and Radio Frequency Interference shielding integrity. An earth stud shall be fitted to the lid and connected to the junction box earth stud by 10mm˛ yellow/green cable.
* The exterior of the junction box shall be identified with its hazardous area classification and junction box number. The external stainless steel labels shall be permanently attached to the junction box by a method approved by the Purchaser. Each junction box shall be fitted with an approved stainless steel flange mounted breather for the type of hazardous area classification and degree of protection.
* The junction boxes shall internally be supplied with terminals and identification tags.
* Each junction box should be provided with a stainless steel nameplate, fixed with screw, plate engraved with the number in a junction box.
* The supplier should make a mark for all junction boxes.
|Bid Bond||KSH 200,000.00|
|Bond Validity||150 days|
|Offer Validity||120 days|
|Documents Price||KSH 1,000.00|